BBL

BBL

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 2: 31 Day Reset

Today's assignment assesses your life in the following areas: Lifestyle, Work, Education, Finances, Health, Family, and Relationships. Under each area ask yourself what do you like and dislike?


Lifestyle
Like: I like that I have three day weekends to get things done, relax and travel. That I'm able to see my family every weekend without actually living there full time. I sorta like living in the country and a secluded area even though I wish it weren't so far way. And my rent at my second abode isn't bad.

 Dislike: I've come to the point I dislike living in two places and all the traveling and driving so much has me reaching limits. I've been living out of a carry-on for over two years and I'm over it. I want to come home to the same place every night and have my stuff at one location. I also dislike that I have to live with other people that I really don't know. Although they pay rent just like me, sometimes I feel like a guest living there. I would love to be living on my own apartment right right now with space all my own, or at the least living with my mom.

Work
Like: I like working in an Adventist environment and  appreciate the fact that everyday we start our workday with worship. I've been blessed with a good work environment and nice coworkers who are easy to work with and for some reason love me. My job has great benefits and is also related to my field of study. 

Dislike: My office is located at the far ends of the earth. I also feel that I haven't been able to expand myself, experiences and knowledge base while here and I don't like that. I also want to experience other aspects of accounting besides auditing.

Education
Like: That I successfully earned a degree from OU. 

Dislike: That I haven't started studying for the GMAT so I can start Grad school or that I haven't taken a class so that I will be eligible to sit for the CPA exam. I'm confused about which direction I should take.

Finances 
Like: That I'm able to pay all my financial obligations without really worrying. For the most part I'm also able to travel, shop and do things that interest me as they come up, even if its not at the capacity I'd like. And minus student loans I have no other debt. I've also been creating a budget each month even though for me budgeting and following my budget continues to be a work in progress. 

Dislike: That I'm not where I want to be on the projected goals I've set for paying of loans and saving, nor do I make what I'd like to be making. I also haven't come up with some source of extra income or side hustle. And though it is something that is always lurking in my mind, I have not make moves to work on creating a nice portfolio. 

Health
Like: That I'm not sickly, I have my right mind, health, and strength. I'm secure in who I am. And I love myself for who I am. I don't want to be someone else or alter my appearance in any way, I like the body I was created with.

Dislike: I dislike that I'm not in the gym regularly plus it pisses me off my gym intimidates me and that I don't eat as properly or as healthy as I should. And that I haven't worked off my "fat pack" yet to achieve great abs.

Family
Like: That I've been blessed with a good family and that everyone that is still around is alive and well. I appreciate how my siblings and I get along much better now that we are all adults and "sorta adults". The times when the four of us are chilling, laughing and cracking on each other or being outrageous in an entertaining way in front of company are some of the best times. 

Dislike: I'm fatherless

Relationships
Like: I have good successful, intelligent, positive, driven friends around me. I have people besides my immediate family that have my back and care about me. That my true friendships accept me for who I am & understand me. I've been bless with good friends that I would move mountains for if I could. On a romantic aspect, there is a part of me that is OK with being single, (that's not to say I want to be single for the rest of my life though, but I'm content in my current position and not pressed) . I can make plans and split second decisions without having to consider someone else agenda or hear displeasure regarding something I want to do and having to face disappointment when its something I want but they don't. 

Dislike: That some of my closest friends don't live close to me and I don't see them as often as I'd like. From a romantic perspective, just like there is a part of me that is OK being single, the other half is absolutely over living this single girls life. Having a significant someone would be great. Quite frequently, things come up that I'd love to share/do with a significant other but end up doing alone or with friends. Spending time, doing things and going places with that special someone are things I miss. 

Live. Love Smile. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment