BBL

BBL

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Family is...What?!

Family....

What is family?...

I guess depending on a persons experiences through life would determine what family means to them. To me... family is broken down into three areas:
  • Immediate Family
  • Extended Family
  • The Fam
Immediate Family
My immediate family would consist of five people these days. As we have all gotten older I appreciate them more and value the individuality that each of my siblings brings to the table (specifically the two goons). Although as siblings we have come a long way (... if you only knew some of the tales from earlier years...) and even though we still might not always get along, we love and are there for each other. We have some pretty good times and laughs together these days, with my mom there trying to keep us all on track.

The Peacemaker, The Worrier, The Mouth, The Muscle

Extended Family
These are people related to you by blood and possibly carry the same last name. I've always wished I lived surrounded by cousins and such...but...alas... I didn't. But like my cousin said (tweeted) to me a few weeks ago, "we might not see each other often but we are there for each other. Her support of my family meant the world and three months later we drove all night just to be there for her in her time of need. I may not know all of my extended family the way I'd like to, but they are important to me.



The Fam
Just the name "The Fam" always brings a smile to my face. We may not be related by blood or name But they and their parents are family. I remember around the time my dad died my mom was talking to one of her siblings and they were just amazed at the support from our friends and she told them " we may not live close to our family but our friends and church family have in a way become our family". I believe this to true concerning certain families I grew up with ( Cuz if you know me.. I can NOT get down with calling just anybody aunt, uncle, or family). We are just six friends that grew up together and who have been rolling around together for the last 24 - 17 years ( I had to text my girl on these numbers cuz it seemed so...outrageous) and still going quite strong.


The Fam

I may live with some, I may see some on occasion, and I may not even be related to some, but this is who my family is to me.


Live. Laugh. Smile. Enjoy.


1 comment: