BBL

BBL

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Struggleberry

Its been exactly one week that I have been without a phone. Anyone one that knows me or been around me knows...I'm pretty addicted to my phone. Texts, BBM's, Facebook, Twitter (I run two twitter apps on my phone at all times) emails, gtalk, Skype, and of course phone calls. Lately though I've just been annoyed with the whole phone concept... I just didn't want to be bothered with it.  I wanted to turn it all off. In recent weeks, there were times I'd turn my phone off for hours at a time.

Last Wednesday I woke up and my phone was DONE... evidently the operating software had up and vanished off my phone. That fact was a little annoying since I had plans to meet someone later that day, but I wasn't tripping over the fact it wasn't working. For various reason though (don't ask... I'm not even sure myself) I didn't get around to ordering a  replacement till Sunday night.

People have been saying to me " I know you have been dying without your phone" and the god honest answer is... I been good without my phone. Its like an invisible burned had been lifted off my shoulders. Don't get me wrong... there have been times during the last week when the fact I didn't have a phone was highly annoying like when you know someone that you want to receive a text from is texting you and you are missing them! Or  you when you want to meet up with someone (you can't be spontaneous that's for sure... you have to set a time and exact meeting place!) or  you are out and everyone else is on their phone tweeting and you're are the only fool on their iPod playing Sodoku or you're in a room full of people and you want to text something to the person across the room... in those cases not having a phone is indeed challenging.

However, I felt great. I could come and go as I pleased, I didn't have anyone calling asking questions or where I was. I wasn't constantly looking at my phone every  5 minutes wondering why no one had texted me or who can I text now. I could go to bed when I wanted and not be distracted by my phone going off. When I was out I could actually pay attention to the people around (if they aren't in their phone). The general feeling of freedom was great... I could do what I wanted and not be bothered. Don't get me wrong...If you are reading this and have my number don't feel " oh KP doesn't want to be bothered I can't  call or text that chic" quite the contrary I love receiving and texting my friends. I think I just needed a break form all the social media and instant communication my phone provides. And even without a phone... I still managed to stay connected, fulfill the plans I'd made previously as well as make new plans, and saw everyone I wanted and planned to see in the last several days.

 I'm back!! 

After a week though... I was ready for my phone to be back. After all... I have call to make, texts to send, and tweets to tweet! Oh there goes my phone now!! :D

I'd rather the Struggleberry then be phoneless

Live. Love. Smile. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. This is funny. Even when I turn my phone off I'm always wondering how many calls I'm missing, so I don't enjoy the experience. Crazy how dependent we've become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo fine!

    ReplyDelete