BBL

BBL

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Family Reunion - Love is the Main Ingredient

This past weekend I found myself in Detroit for a family reunion. Although I see my extended family from time to time, I hadn't been to a family reunion in YEARS.  So it was nice to see everyone again.

Friday we got in a little late and ended up babysitting my cousins kids. They are the cutest kids known to man and so well behaved. They are the type of kids that make you wish that when you have kids... they are like that.
Baby Sitting 
 
Sabbath my mom took us to some random church and held us hostage for 3 hours after church! [Rant: My mom STAYS wondering why I drive separately. YOU KEEP ME HOSTAGE LADY AND DON'T KNOW WHEN TO LEAVE! *exhales deeply....* Yo! All I wanted to do was go to church, eat a nice sabbath meal, go home take a nap and be merry!!]

Saturday night was a 70's & 80's banquet with lots of socializing, food, picture taking, and dancing
About to head to the banquet

Cousins!

The cousin in black hosted the reunion this year
 
Father and Son
 
Me and my sis and the new host for the next reunion :)

And things ended on Sunday with the family BBQ.

My mom and a couple of her siblings

more cousins!

Carters & Matthews (I dont even know who they are) Family Reunion 2011
Love is the main ingredient

Its always nice to see family. Be it immediate or extended :)

[Random: I don't know why... but several people this weekend assumed I was young. One of my younger female cousins who might be around 13 asked how old I was and was sorta shocked when I answered her. She assumed I was 16. Do you know the last time someone thought I was 16?! Yea.. me either. And then some woman at the BBQ made a statement about the children participating in the potato sack race then looked at me and said "You need to grab those your age and go to that".  *insert KP face* I just had to look at the women. I responded, I'm not as young as I look. Then she came back like "yea right this is the perfect thing for you to do".  I'm setting there looking at this woman  with the craziest KP face EVER(I couldn't help it).

KPFacts:
1. I don't play games... I barely like games!
2. I'm not jumping around NOWHERE.
3. I'm Young... But I'm not that young... I'm older then ya think.

Finally the lady must have realized this wasn't going to go anywhere and finally asked how old I was. I told her then she immediately got her "shocked face", promptly shut up, turned around and went back to her seat and set down.

Lol smh I guess it pays to have good genes though]

 Live. Love. Smile. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment