BBL

BBL

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquakes?! Seriously?!

Yesterday I was in Fredericksburg, VA in a meeting in the basement of a church weaving in and out of the devotional thought. Suddenly there was a loud rumble and a slight shaking... which grew to an intense shaking. When the ground, building, and people that are sitting still start to noticeably move... I believe in my HUMBLE novice opinion qualifies as intense. Like.... buildings and furniture just don't move like that on its own!


Out of 27 years I've never experience anything like it. My first thought was "ummmm... is this an earthquake?..." then as the moments passed and the rumbling and shaking lengthened I was like "omg this is an earthquake.... this doesn't happen in VA! THIS  is precisely why I don't want to live in Cali!" (For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows. Mark 13:8) Suddenly someone said we all needed to evacuate and go outside and to walk calmly. Outside everything looked calm like nothing had happened. People milled around giving various thoughts as to what had taken place. Some thought there was an explosion near by or that the boiler or AC had exploded *confused face*.  I was like new boss... that had to have been an earthquake. 


After about 10 minutes we made our way back inside the church to carry on with our meeting. Eventually, reports started coming in about the earthquake what had been effected and where it had originated. Evidently the earthquakes epicenter was in Mineral, VA which is about 40 miles from Fredericksburg, VA.  In the scheme of things... I feel like 40 miles was nothing. We were pretty close. I'm just thankful we were safe.  


BTW the way.... not having a phone during intense moments is the WORST!!! I couldn't call or text anyone... or read my TL. I was left somewhere between paying attention to the speakers and playing Sokoku...again. -_______________- 

No comments:

Post a Comment