BBL

BBL

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mid Month Journey

Its Day 19 of my October budget with 12 more days to go and parts of it have been blown out the water already! Yet I'm still proud of myself because I actually set down for the month and created a financial plan. (I'm using a Google Docs Template which is great) I've kept track of all my spending so far and it has given my more insight into were I need to make adjustments.

My issue with a budget has always been my variable expense. As far as this month I'm not sure if I set some a little too low for reality...

Example:
Dinning out $40
Movies Theater $25

...both of which I have pretty much reached my limit.


Also halfway through the month I realized two things.. 1. I drive a gas guzzling monster (my budget was $300 for gas) 2. I need to account for when I get inspired and wanna cook a full blown meals on the weekend. If I did not have these bouts of inspiration I could stay within my grocery budget of $150 (I think) as of now...

Gas is 300/439.05
Groceries is 150/185.56

So far I have stayed well in my shopping budget for clothes/shoes/accessories (which is quite frankly killing me). I'm curious to see the outcome at the end of the month but I'm still encouraged to continue on my financial journey.


Live. Laugh. Smile. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment