BBL

BBL

Thursday, April 28, 2011

6 Random Observations

1. It's funny how someone you were really cool with (worked with, had great jokes and saw darn near everyday) now act like you are someone they've only seen in passing once they are married.  Like you are nothing more than familiar face… I understand they are married and the dynamics change... I'm all for and BELIEVE the dynamics of male/female friendships should change once you are married… even engaged. But I think we can still speak and carry on a convo like we know each other... but hey.... what to I know.

2. The best words I heard this past Saturday was Mr. L who has been in the hospital saying my full name. Followed by "KP....KP... KP....." whenever I can I stop by the hospital...  It’s more to show my support for my Fam... But I have been avoiding seeing him. I know myself and my limits, and as bad a** as I like to think I am, I don't handle seeing people I love sick very well. It’s the quickest way to bring me to tears (and I ABHOR tears). As I was leaving I said my goodbyes and he said "you are special" & I told him he was too.

I shred some tears did some reflecting... But it was so good to see him and the improvements he has made and I can't help but be thankful for the changes that have taken place over the last several weeks.

3. The weather... Saturdays was such a beautiful day. I expected it to rain all day and be cold. But it turned out to be great. It was the perfect day for a hike or walk.

4. Life is a struggle and everyone has problems. But I feel as though I have surrounded myself with young, successful, spiritual people that are trying to get to heaven.

5. This might be a little conceited... But I’m thankful for (can u even be thankful for this :/) my Oakwood fashion education... That has being supplemented with inspiration by magazines and blogs. But OU... Set the foundation that will be carried through life. Somewhere along the way some people experience this transformation and others don't. They are stuck.... somewhere in the fashion world. Progression that should have taken place… didn’t. I am by NO means a fashion guru or look 100% everyday. I’m not saying that everyone needs to dress the same. I just think as you change, grow and mature so should your wardrobe *shrugs*. Anyway, just something I pondered recently...

6. I think about food a LOT. The list of foods I want to consume after this fast is growing DAILY. I’ve been craving Olive Garden’s Eggplant Parmesan ALL week… literally. I also have this urge to get in the kitchen and try a ton of new dishes. But since I have been on this journey I have realized a couple of things. 

  •  If I hadn’t started the raw foods fast first… I probably would not have lasted this long on the cleanse. 
  • Although I don’t eat bad or extremely unhealthy I do have a desire to eat better, healthier foods like I know I should and to try different healthy and tasty dishes.
  • Even though I have cravings for Olive Garden Eggplant Parmesan, CKP Tostada Pizza with Cholula hot sauce, a home cooked mean, haystacks, a burger and a sub…among MANY other things (and although I shall have them) I will phase them back in and not have all those things in one week.
CPK Tostada Pizza
I mean... who wouldn't want haystacks on a pizza?! 


Well that’s my random observations for the week.
Till next time! Have a fabulous weekend!

Live. Love. Smile. Enough. 

1 comment:

  1. You're soo special you don't even realize exactly how special you are... :)

    ReplyDelete